Friday, September 28, 2007

I Can Already Taste the Relaxation

Hey, the big stores have the Christmas Crap on display already, so I thought it would be ok to talk about Thanksgiving in September. So why the talk about thanksgiving? I'm preaching about the 10th leper this Sunday (see the "At Second Sight" post below), so I'm working on counting the things for which I'm thankful.

One of the things I'm thankful for is the holiday of Thanksgiving. It's my favorite holiday. Things are calm at church, the kids are out of school, the wife is relaxed. On top of that, there is no gift-giving to distract us from a great feast, giving thanks, and taking note of people we love. It's a perfectly relaxing time and the UNC basketball season is just getting underway, who could ask for more?

Add to it the family that comes to see us, like this guy:



That's "Uncle Jack" who is always asking good questions like "Does life imitate art, or art imitate life?" He'll be here for T-giving with his wife, "Aunt Debbie, the house-elf" and we're all looking forward to it.

I'm also thankful for meaning in my life and work, healthy kids, great friends.

How about you?

1 comment:

Todd said...

Gary- I'm thankful for health insurance! (And not the crappy grad-school kind).
It starts Monday, and I realize that many people don't have any such thing.